2014 Hazard Mitigation Plan
Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
The San Francisco Department of Emergency Management (SFDEM) and 20 other City and County of San Francisco departments have completed an update of the City’s Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP). The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has granted final approval of the revised plan. To review the 2014 HMP, see the links below.
The HMP represents our City's commitment to making San Francisco safer and more resilient by taking steps to reduce our risk from hazards before they occur. The Plan describes our City’s natural and human-made hazards, identifies actions the City can take to reduce their effects, and establishes a process for implementing the plan. Having a FEMA approved plan makes San Francisco eligible for federal hazard and flood mitigation grant funding before and after a Presidentially-declared disaster.
For questions about San Francisco’s HMP or the City’s hazard mitigation planning process, contact Edie Schaffer at email@example.com or 415-487-5016.
Hazard Mitigation Plan Executive Summary
- Appendix A, Local Mitigation Plan Review Tool
- Appendix B, Local Adoption Documents
- Appendix C, Figures
- Appendix D, Planning Team Members
- Appendix E, Public and Stakeholder Outreach
- Appendix F, Essential Facilities and Infrastructure within San Francisco County (not provided)
- Appendix G, Essential Facilities and Infrastructure outside of San Francisco County (not provided)
- Appendix H, Plan Maintenance Documents
- Appendix I, Electronic Document (not provided)